Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Year Resolutions out the window...

Yes, am alive. Whether that's a good thing or not has yet to be determined...

The holiday did not live up to my hopes but met expectations. Therefore, all complaints and comments are reserved for a later date. Perferably never.

There are several reasons why did not write so much at the end of last year. Lets just say the joy in typing was sucked out when the words, "You can't write for shit" were uttered. Hmmmm, yes my own fault.

And no, it is not M. Good God, she is a cold hearted bitch but she would make sure she said that in-between the lines. If anything, that girl is cunning.

For the TBR Challenge, I got to Invisible Man. For my own challenge, I reached the fourth book of Proust. M and Contender 7 finished (in the Proust catagory). Cheers and hurrarys all around.

2007 will be remembered as the year Oscar Wilde was devoured. I just have three more plays of his to read but the crux was done - reread Dorian Gray and for the first time Importance of Being Ernest. Must reads that lol all the way.

At this moment am reading Yasunari Kawabata's THE MASTER OF GO. Expect post soon. Also, I recieved an E-READER for my birthday which has caused disorder among my intimate bibliophiles. More on this soon as well.

And yes, My Love & M, spell check and proof reading. Who said that writing is in the rewriting??? ;)

PS: I also read Age of Innocence and Atonement. Both of those books had me dying. Please read them. Won't even try to write a review (yet)... their words are more than enough.

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I know better, and thank God you are back! Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
nessie said...

I deleted the second comment because it was spam garbage.

Contender 7 - the Happiest of New Years. I am in the middle of writing my next post... But did you ever finish your SECOND challenge (date aside)...?

Anonymous said...

yay I am so glad to see you back, I missed your reading escapades! you know...I never finished the series challenge, I still want to make my donation, mostly because I love what your bookshop does. so let me know how to do that.

right now I am reading those who save us by jenna blum for a book club...